Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Security Screws - (In)Security Screws

It is a good thing that battery packs have security screws. Security screws vary, and my drill driver battery pack has this style. The center of the torx screw has a small post.
But I want to replace the batteries on the battery pack for my drill driver. To even order the batteries, I need to verify what I have. I could order a special tool. But I am already special and I don't need a special tool to make me feel special. Enter the Dremel tool with a tiny cutting wheel..
Now I have an (In)security screw.
Repeat 4 times. Now a regular slotted screw driver works very nicely.
So I verified the battery style and quantity and ordered the batteries. I will cover battery replacement in a future post.

Rick

2 comments:

Andrew said...

Hahaha, awesome.

Traveller said...

Fun to see you back again, Ask Rick. I hope this means more to come! Love your posts.